FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Aqua521
This little guy was growing FAST so I trimmed it as best I could, and figured I could try propagating it (VFT flowers are pretty, but I'm prioritizing leaf growth on the flytrap it was sprouting out of). The picture is so blurry because the little guy is bagged. I'm a little worried that I cut it too far away from the rhizome, but it's worth a shot.
Attachments:
VFT Flower propagation.jpg
VFT Flower propagation.jpg (86.11 KiB) Viewed 569 times
By davinstewart
This is how I propagate all of my venus flytraps. The strike rate is very low (maybe 10-20%) but when they do strike you can expect multiple plants to emerge (maybe 2-10). I typically wait until the flower stalk is about a foot long and then cut it into 1-2" sections. I like to plant mine vertically, like you've done here, because then the babies all emerge below the soil line and are well rooted in the media. Make sure that you've only planted the stalk about 1/4 - 1/2" deep, though, since you might get babies too far below the soil line and they'll need to stretch to get to the soil surface.

Good luck!
Dan V, Hedonista, Gary liked this

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!