FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Hedonista
Yesterday I went to an estate sale for a local florist and came home with quite the haul! The pots and saucers were .25 each, except the big white planters, which were 2.50 each. Very fruitful excursion!
Attachments:
IMG_5328.jpeg
IMG_5328.jpeg (3.22 MiB) Viewed 307 times
Intheswamp, andynorth, wcrosman and 1 others liked this
By Intheswamp
Definitely a great score on the saucers. And those humidity domes for long planters...now to get some long planters!!!

Beware!!! You will find yourself making food purchases based on how nice the clear plastic containers are!!!! :lol:
By Hedonista
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:05 pm Definitely a great score on the saucers. And those humidity domes for long planters...now to get some long planters!!!
I actually got the long florist boxes for water trays to go under rows of 4” square pots indoors. I hadn’t even thought to put one side over the top for seed starting. Great idea!

Beware!!! You will find yourself making food purchases based on how nice the clear plastic containers are!!!! :lol:
I “scored” a large container of cottage cheese last time I was at the grocery store. :mrgreen: I’ve been doing this for years with glass containers.
andynorth, Intheswamp liked this
By Hedonista
Today my favorite neighbor (an older gentleman who only knows a few words of English and is the kindest person I know) put a big pile of “junk” on the boulevard. That means it’s free pickins until garbage day. Besides the glass from a storm door, I also scored all these treasures! I even got two kisses on the hand and help hauling it all across the street :D I must’ve missed the entry in the farmers’ almanac saying that April 21-30 would be the ideal time to get cheap planters, but I’m glad it worked out! :mrgreen:
Attachments:
IMG_5419.jpeg
IMG_5419.jpeg (3.69 MiB) Viewed 150 times
andynorth, MikeB, Panman and 1 others liked this
Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome to the forum!

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Is this a steal?

The first one is a Nepenthes x 'Ventrata' like Pan[…]

...and now you know better how to plan. ;)

My two go to choices are https://www.greenhouseme[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!