FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Spunro wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 pm ive considered sphagnum moss but its expensive in bulk :(
I have Flytraps, Sarrs, Drosera and one Nep. I use a mix of LFSM and Peat on all but Flytraps. They all get straight LFSM. They love the stuff and at this point I do not let the price get in the way. Too much invested in my plants to let them die due to wrong soil. The Flytraps do very well in straight LFSM. Is it only sold in bulk where you are located? Maybe look in to growing your own. It is not difficult to do and could save you a bunch of money. I buy it from Lowes here, which is a local hardware store. I pick up a bundle or 2 each time I am there so I do not have to buy it all at once.
By Spunro
ive looked into b&q and homebase and sphagnum moss only seems to be sold here in small amounts
By andynorth
Spunro wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:50 pm ive looked into b&q and homebase and sphagnum moss only seems to be sold here in small amounts
How small is small? The ones I get are 1.236 litre, compressed so not a whole bunch. I had to buy several when I converted all my flytraps to straight LFSM. Now I just buy a couple each time I visit Lowes. I see Amazon finally found another supplier of it and price came down from $18.50 they were charging several months ago. It seems someone there screwed up. I was getting the Orchid moss for the standard LFSM price, which is about a buck less. I would certainly recommend using it over a lot of what is sold online.
By andynorth
93pirks wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:47 pm www.hccarnivorousplants.co.uk
Wow. I wish we had one of these nurseries here in the states. $15.00 for a Ceph of any size is unheard of around here. Same goes for VFT, Sarrs and Drosera pricing. Very reasonable, IMHO.

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!