FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sp0nser
Hello.

I recently introduced 59-61 degree nights to my highland nepenthes immediately about 3 days ago. I just read that this immediate change can cause shock to the plants, even if this is their preferred temperature. I originally had them in a constant 70 day round (I know, terrible for nepenthes in general) and now that I have gotten a way to privide to them the cool nights they need, I got a little eager.

What do I do now? Do I keep going or do I back out and give them back the temperature they were originally in? Would they eventually acclimate if I kept giving them the cool nights I immediately introduced?

Thanks.
By BumpyEvergreen
If you have a way to control temperature, I would decrease it by 5° every week or 2 weeks until you get to the point that you. I actually ended up burning a lot of my plants by introducing ventricosin ventrath cuttings to my highland mini fridge that goes from 85 to 55 at night and their leaves all browned. So unless that's happening I wouldn't worry about it. But if it is, I would set nighttime temperature to 65.

Yeah no one brought that up so thank you. When I h[…]

Cactus Care

Hello everyone! I have a couple of questions for y[…]

Another flower popped

Hey all, another flower popped last night from an […]

Hello, I would like to request SD-23-005 D. felix[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1651. I'll PM[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Lee’s Botanical Gardens has some drosera for[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!