FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By rrrt
How might I go about fertilizing my Neps, none of which have pitchers at the moment (none of them have for at least months, a problem which I hope this will solve)?

Would this be a good idea at all?
By BumpyEvergreen
Not to me personally, but if you want to try be cautious. I have never fertilized my neps and they grow rapidly. Most nepenthes don't have pitchers because of light or humidity, in my case it is humidity my ventricosa has not pitchered since I got it something which I did not expect as I had a ventricosa previous that grew vigorously and pitchered as well. Individual plants will be different but an ambient humidity of 70% will let it pitcher.

What does your setup look like if you would post pics?
andynorth liked this
By rrrt
Just a windowsill. I would try putting them in my terrarium, which is much more humid, but I lost one of my previous neps to mold in there. Damn the white fuzzy scourge!
By Brock
Have you ever tried lactic acid bacteria for mold? I know it helps with spit mildew it's supposed to help with mold aslo. People culture it from rice it's actually to first process of making cheese. I want to try to use the Korean farming techniques with epiphytes. If you misted it on your plants it's a beneficial bacteria. I'd hate for it to have negative effects or kill your plant. I know mold and humidity is a pain. Most people use that bacteria with soil but you can top dress any plant I know of but I haven’t started to expirement yet theres always air flow. This might be a dumb question do you fertilize plants with pitchers? I'm brand new and not trying to lose anything myself.

@InTheSwamp I have heard that idiom, and I definit[…]

Lyra request U. calcyfida Bonus N. + finlaysoniana[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Lee’s Botanical Gardens has some drosera for[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Rosemary Oil Miticide

The Rasta Bob's link doesn't work. I may have to […]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!