FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By LazyDaisy
Last year, I had a huge problem with ants getting into this room. Every time I patched up where they were getting in, they always seemed to find another area to squeeze through. I got a reprieve with the cold weather but, since it's warming up again, they decided to make themselves at home once more.

This time, however, I had my young Cheruwa hybrid and they immediately became enamored with it! I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised, but I didn't realize how strong the lure of nectar was. :shock: My plant ended up eating very well that night and I can already see two new pitchers emerging from the rhizome. :D I was also able to locate where they came in and fix it so hopefully the next time my pitcher plant gets a good meal is from outside lol.
Attachments:
cheruwa1.jpg
cheruwa1.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 223 times
cherwa2.jpg
cherwa2.jpg (831.5 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Jedikinigit, andynorth, MikeB and 1 others liked this
By BumpyEvergreen
You think yours did a good job? Foolish, my score is higher than yours bAhaHAHAhHAhA!!
They do genuinely do a good job when ants come in the house, but in a serious case I have had the bottom inch of my N. miranda filled by ants
It's genuinely entertaining to see them be so successful, and the nectar of the plants definitely does a good job with ants.
PXL_20240407_005436393.jpg
PXL_20240407_005436393.jpg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 189 times
By LazyDaisy
BumpyEvergreen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:00 am You think yours did a good job? Foolish, my score is higher than yours bAhaHAHAhHAhA!!
They do genuinely do a good job when ants come in the house, but in a serious case I have had the bottom inch of my N. miranda filled by ants
It's genuinely entertaining to see them be so successful, and the nectar of the plants definitely does a good job with ants.
PXL_20240407_005436393.jpg
Lol mine could definitely use some lessons from yours! :D

It really is! It actually caught more after I took that pic so it's for sure a happy plant! It will be hopefully be going outside later this week so it'll have an even bigger buffet.

@InTheSwamp I have heard that idiom, and I definit[…]

Lyra request U. calcyfida Bonus N. + finlaysoniana[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Lee’s Botanical Gardens has some drosera for[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Rosemary Oil Miticide

The Rasta Bob's link doesn't work. I may have to […]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!