FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By LazyDaisy
Last year, I had a huge problem with ants getting into this room. Every time I patched up where they were getting in, they always seemed to find another area to squeeze through. I got a reprieve with the cold weather but, since it's warming up again, they decided to make themselves at home once more.

This time, however, I had my young Cheruwa hybrid and they immediately became enamored with it! I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised, but I didn't realize how strong the lure of nectar was. :shock: My plant ended up eating very well that night and I can already see two new pitchers emerging from the rhizome. :D I was also able to locate where they came in and fix it so hopefully the next time my pitcher plant gets a good meal is from outside lol.
Attachments:
cheruwa1.jpg
cheruwa1.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 406 times
cherwa2.jpg
cherwa2.jpg (831.5 KiB) Viewed 406 times
Jedikinigit, andynorth, MikeB and 1 others liked this
By BumpyEvergreen
You think yours did a good job? Foolish, my score is higher than yours bAhaHAHAhHAhA!!
They do genuinely do a good job when ants come in the house, but in a serious case I have had the bottom inch of my N. miranda filled by ants
It's genuinely entertaining to see them be so successful, and the nectar of the plants definitely does a good job with ants.
PXL_20240407_005436393.jpg
PXL_20240407_005436393.jpg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 372 times
By LazyDaisy
BumpyEvergreen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:00 am You think yours did a good job? Foolish, my score is higher than yours bAhaHAHAhHAhA!!
They do genuinely do a good job when ants come in the house, but in a serious case I have had the bottom inch of my N. miranda filled by ants
It's genuinely entertaining to see them be so successful, and the nectar of the plants definitely does a good job with ants.
PXL_20240407_005436393.jpg
Lol mine could definitely use some lessons from yours! :D

It really is! It actually caught more after I took that pic so it's for sure a happy plant! It will be hopefully be going outside later this week so it'll have an even bigger buffet.
Peter D'Amato passed today

I'm sorry to hear this.

Hello from Chicago, Illinois.

I'm just starting out with carnivorous plants &[…]

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!