FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Intheswamp wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 am You're gonna have to hook up the bottom-plow and break some new ground for all those!!!! :D
So I think I will cold strat about 75% of each seed this week. I want to be sure I have some backups just in case. I am having about a 98% success rate in germinating seeds since I started this hobby. Hopefully I can keep that rate going. I am really excited about the cobra lily's coming up. I have my replacement one in it's new home and I would love to add some babies to see how well they do in comparison.
By Intheswamp
Cold strat VFT seeds? :? Seems I read someone say that they did that but I wasn't aware of it being a regular thing to do. Of couse, there's a LOT I don't know!!! :lol: You definitely have an assortment there to work with!!! ;)

The cobra plants will be cool. I'll have to beat you talk you out of one down the road. :mrgreen:
By andynorth
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:03 pm Cold strat VFT seeds? :? Seems I read someone say that they did that but I wasn't aware of it being a regular thing to do. Of couse, there's a LOT I don't know!!! :lol: You definitely have an assortment there to work with!!! ;)

The cobra plants will be cool. I'll have to beat you talk you out of one down the road. :mrgreen:
Well, I could be wrong but I thought it was in a post here that said it was better to cold strat them than not to. I will let you know how the cobra lily's do. I can possibly part with a seedling or two once they decide to germinate. I would rather do that than to keep sending the seeds across the country.
By andynorth
Hedonista wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:47 am Keep us posted on how all your seeds do :D
Yes, I will but it might be some time before I get back on the forum. I will post results when available but going to be taking a hiatus from anything else here for a while.
By andynorth
Hiatus did not last long.

Just an update. After roughly 2 weeks, other than the Cobra Lily seeds which are in cold strat, I have germination of all seeds I won in February's photo contest. Thank you again Matt, Leigh and all that voted for me. I will post another pic in a couple more weeks.
Attachments:
20240403_102640.jpg
20240403_102640.jpg (4.35 MiB) Viewed 132 times
By Intheswamp
andynorth wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:32 pm Hiatus did not last long.

Just an update. After roughly 2 weeks, other than the Cobra Lily seeds which are in cold strat, I have germination of all seeds I won in February's photo contest. Thank you again Matt, Leigh and all that voted for me. I will post another pic in a couple more weeks.
I like the germination going on *and* the short "hiatus"!!! ;)
andynorth liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!