FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By joecal87
My BZ 1955 had such a rough dormancy where all the traps died. once the other ones came out of dormancy i cut all the dead stuff off and was left with one yellow head and a yellow/pink rhizome.

turns out the problem was the dirt was covering too much of the rhizome because when i pushed it down on advice of others within a week green growths began and it grew wild. the second picture is maybe 3/4 weeks after i fixed the issue

plant def looks good and growing like a weed, however the new traps look slightly disformed. it does however eat and act normal otherwise. it did just begin growing a stem (can’t really see i. the pic tho) but given what it went through and the disformed traps i may just cut it so the plant has more energy to spend on recovering.

just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on this. i have no repotted this guy, dont plan to til next dormancy.

the rough pic is the before and the other nicer looking one is now
Attachments:
IMG_7784.jpeg
IMG_7784.jpeg (3.43 MiB) Viewed 296 times
IMG_7785.png
IMG_7785.png (7.67 MiB) Viewed 296 times
Jade liked this
By joecal87
tommyr wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:48 am WOW, that plant really went downhill. Do you see any insects? Use a magnifying glass because some mites are invisible without a magnifier.
Are you using the right water? No tap water right?

it’s green now so it’s def doing a lot better. and yeah of course i use distilled or rain water. it’s not the water or lighting or medium since my other traps are just fine. there was 3 divisions looks like 2 of the three survived
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!