FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I've received some unusual SASE's (SASEsses, SASEi, SASEopods?...) over the past few years, but I believe that all have made it through without an issue. However, this one might encounter some problems.
Don't do this
Don't do this
20240308_062922.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 412 times
It was cut to fit into the envelope that the member sent, then stapled shut on the ends. Please don't do this. Instead, fold the SASE to fit inside, and it will reach me just fine.
Folded
Folded
20240308_064203.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 412 times
Thanks to generous members, stamps have also been donated from time to time, so I will re-do this into another envelope to give it the best possible chance of making it to its destination.
Last, please address it correctly. You can see in the first pic that the stamp is in the correct position, but the address is not. The mailing address should be lower, close to the middle (there's some wiggle room, blue), and the return address should be in the upper left corner (red).
Homeland Security? WTF?
Homeland Security? WTF?
20240308_063043.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 412 times
When sending me a SASE, I suggest that these addresses be the same. My address for the mailing and return addresses on the outer envelope, your address in both places on the SASE. This is to give the seeds a better chance at reaching you in the event the mailing address is rendered unreadable for some reason. I also suggest using a standard #10 envelope with a first class stamp. More postage can be used, but it is unnecessary in most cases. A smaller envelope can also be used, but if you have a two-fer with bonuses and add-ons, it can get tight.
Happy growing.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!