FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By sans
I received the letter of seeds, but there was no VFT seeds in there. :?
By Intheswamp
sans, I don't have anything to do with running the seed bank (and the crowds cheered!!!! :mrgreen: ) but looking back at your order it looks like there was a breakdown in communication with the early ordering of the vft seeds. For each month's request you get an "order number" and it looked like you received and apparently responded to a single order number notification. Chef does a really good job keeping seeds cataloged, orders acknowledged, shipped, etc., and he depends heavily on those order numbers. Either something like a "failure to communicate" happened or we have a postal inspector pilfering Venus flytrap seeds...did you notice any repaired razor slits in the return envelope? It also could be that Chef sent you some of the new, top secret "Stealth" flytrap seeds...the plants are invisible to the bugs and the bugs fly straight into the traps, I would assume the seeds have that stealth ability to and simply may have been invisible. But, from what I hear you have to have a special "stealth" grow mix which is very hard to mix because you can't see the ingredients...I think there are experiments and research currently going on in Clarksville, TN, by one of JPL's leading undercover junior scientists. YMMV. 8-)
By sans
The order number was 1548
By ChefDean
OK, I see what happened.
1548 was your January request, S. No ID + bonus Mixed Drosera. You indicated your February request as the VFT seeds, but you were early. You even acknowledged that you were early, and may have to wait until February to make that request.
I confirmed that you would have to wait until February to request the VFT seeds. I even replied with a reminder on February 1st to finalize your January request and asked about the February request. You were busy at the time, but later finalized your January request by choosing a Sarr. However, you never officially made your February request, so those seeds were not sent.
There are still VFT seeds from a cultivar mother in the seed bank, but not the ones you indicated and never requested.
wcrosman liked this
By sans
Hm. Alright. Can i send an envelope for the seeds, or is it too late for that? (I will replace towering giant with Megatraps (G17) if i can)
By ChefDean
Since you didn't make a request for those seeds yet, then no, you can't simply send an envelope for them.
However, if you make a request for March, then yes, you can send a SASE.
By sans
Alright.

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!