FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By DewsandTraps
I grew these from seed but now they are growing crazy. Ever time a flower stalk is almost or just about done growing, a new now starts growing. Now I have a whole bunch of seedlings in one of my cups and soon the seedlings will get too crowded and cover up my vft. This has been going on for months and now I'm starting to think that these plants are not normal.
Attachments:
IMG_8008.jpg
IMG_8008.jpg (132.5 KiB) Viewed 378 times
IMG_7994.jpg
IMG_7994.jpg (97.26 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Hedonista liked this
By hollyhock
DewsandTraps wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm I grew these from seed but now they are growing crazy. Ever time a flower stalk is almost or just about done growing, a new now starts growing. Now I have a whole bunch of seedlings in one of my cups and soon the seedlings will get too crowded and cover up my vft. This has been going on for months and now I'm starting to think that these plants are not normal.
They are second only to capensis as far as weeds :lol: but since they are more rosette form of drosera I allow them to continue. Yes there will be flowers and seeds that go everywhere 😀
DewsandTraps, andynorth liked this
By andynorth
hollyhock wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:02 pm
DewsandTraps wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm
They are second only to capensis as far as weeds :lol: but since they are more rosette form of drosera I allow them to continue. Yes there will be flowers and seeds that go everywhere 😀
Are these similar to Intermedia? I am finding them in most of my plants that are nearby the ones throwing out seed.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!