FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank DragonsEye for his latest donation, he has shared some very nice seeds.
Before we get to those, I'd like to talk a little about sharing. It's something that's learned at an early age, to help children get along and learn to grow as a person. It's an art form, almost a dance in its intricacies. Somewhere along the line, typically around the teenage/middle school years, something flips and they all start showing out; puberty. Those of us that work in the school system tend to refer to most of them as bad-aXXes, and get a chuckle out of their primitive and juvenile antics.
Dang, I was monologging.
DragonsEye has shared with us seeds for Heliamphora (sp. venamo x minor var pilosa) x self. There are enough for five packs of eight seeds to go to a few lucky members.
Because of the very uncommon offering that are these seeds, I consulted with others who know more than me, and the decision was made to have special restrictions on these seeds. The typical donor loophole does not apply.
For the next 48 hours, these seeds are only available to donors that are also experienced growers who are eligible for Tier 3 without the donor loophole. After those 48 hours, they are available to members that are eligible for Tier 3 without the donor loophole.
If you're thinking about requesting these, be honest with yourself as to whether or not you can provide for their needs. The plants can somewhat adapt to varying conditions plus or minus their optimal, but, according to the research I've done, the seeds are less forgiving. They need high light levels, moderate to high humidity, and otherwise highland conditions for best results. Happy growing.
DragonsEye, thank you for your continued generosity.
Bonez, Intheswamp, Shadowtski and 3 others liked this
By Panman
I just read somewhere that selfed hybrids have a reduced germination rate. I can't remember if that was in Savage Garden or somewhere else.
By ChefDean
I think that's the case with most plants due to the smaller gene pool. Kinda like first cousins marryin'. Make sure she's at least your second cousin to have a lower likelihood of flipper children.
By DragonsEye
Panman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:33 pm I think we need to hear from the guy in L.A. as they are experts in that area.
Which area is that?…..Flipper children or selfed helis?
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:33 pm I think we need to hear from the guy in L.A. as they are experts in that area.
CD35c4KWMAAcDqX.jpeg
CD35c4KWMAAcDqX.jpeg (39.46 KiB) Viewed 346 times
By Bluefire
Man... I sorta want to try them since I have a better track record with Helis than anything else, but I don't think that applies to seeds since I suck with all seeds. Best of luck to anyone who requests them.

package recieved thank you Sent from my SM-S918U […]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Thanks, I gave them another treatment this morning[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I do sell on Etsy, and anything I sell is authenti[…]

hi: im feedmesemore

Welcome to the forum!

How cold is too cold

Thanks! They will stay outside from now on.

Hello from New England

Welcome to the forum!

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!