FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
davinstewart wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:37 pm <snip>

My only complaint is that the leds throw a lot of light off to the sides and would be more efficient if they were all directed down. Still, plants seem to grow very well under them.

Hope that helps!
That's a lot of light, too! Another option!

As for the light coming from the sides... What about some strips of aluminum form attached to the edges of the lights? It would help to keep from blinding you, too.
By davinstewart
Yep, that'd work. The reason I mention it is that it's something to watch out for when buying new lights. Hope that helps!
Intheswamp liked this
By Dan V
Intheswamp, I purchased my first two sets about one year ago and all good so far. They do offer both a "white" and a "soft white "version".
Intheswamp liked this
By Intheswamp
I’m going to keep these in mind. Already saved them to my Amazon “carnivorous plant” list! ;) Thanks for the feedback!
By andynorth
Panman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:27 pm I grow all of my intermediate neps under shop lights and they still get too much light.
So is it too much light or too much heat? I have my plants about 10 inches from the lights. Although my plants seem to do great and are growing with no signs of burning, the dead moss that is in my soil
seems to have a burnt appearance to them. I keep the temp between 84 to 86 degrees F so I am thinking the lights are too close, which would obviously make sense.

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!