FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By StephenB200+
This Nepenthes Diane was delivered about a month ago during a cold snap, the heat pack pooped out 2 days prior delivery (which was several days late). All the other plants from the shipment are fine but I think this one has leaf spot disease.

Numerous sites recommend removing the infected leaves.
I treated it with Bio 3 in 1 which claims to treat leaf spot.
Would you folks cut off the infected leaves? I hesitate being that it went through a fair amount of trama?
Attachments:
IMG_1996.jpeg
IMG_1996.jpeg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 288 times
By andynorth
Is that a St. Gaya? If it is mine had an issue with most all the leaves and pitchers discoloring and then dying off on me. I cut it back except for what was not affected and bagged it up. It has been that way for close to 2 months and is actually showing signs of recovering now. It is the only Nep I have left as my others died and I decided against replacing them.
StephenB200+ liked this
By StephenB200+
andynorth wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:16 pm Is that a St. Gaya? If it is mine had an issue with most all the leaves and pitchers discoloring and then dying off on me. I cut it back except for what was not affected and bagged it up. It has been that way for close to 2 months and is actually showing signs of recovering now. It is the only Nep I have left as my others died and I decided against replacing them.
Oh man, that’s a bummer. This is a hybrid called Diana. I think maybe the hybrid thing is very tricky. I am having good luck with a few highland pure bred and California Carnivore hybrids. Two of my other hybrids are troubled though. They seem to be more susceptible to blights.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!