FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Lilyofthevalley9
Had an extra bathroom in my apartment (I know It looks messy ATM). I did not want to keep my Lowland Nepenthes in a terrarium amy longer. This is my hot house and it gets 90 degrees fast! I have a humidifier and a space heater on. The humidifier will probably run 24/7 and the heater on for 12 hours a day (already have heat and ac anyways). Door is always closed. What do you think guys?
Attachments:
IMG_20231216_144944390.jpg
IMG_20231216_144944390.jpg (2.86 MiB) Viewed 409 times
By Intheswamp
I don't know what to tell you as I'm a very rank newbie with neps. But, I will say that if that's water mist (and not smoke) then it's going to get really "icky" in that small bathroom. If what I'm seeing is smoke then you've got bigger problems! :? It seems that in a small room like that that filling the bathtub and lavatory up with water and leaving the toilet lid open would cause a natural rise in humidity. Seems that as much humidity/mist that I see in the picture that it would start rusting things (heater for example) and could possibly cause an excessive mold and mildew problem in the bathroom, itself. But, maybe that much humidity/misting is normal for neps? :?: The heater should be okay, though it will run your electric bill up a bit. Check it's wall plug all along while it's heating to be sure it's not overheating/getting too hot. Just some thoughts.
By Lilyofthevalley9
Intheswamp wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:50 pm I don't know what to tell you as I'm a very rank newbie with neps. But, I will say that if that's water mist (and not smoke) then it's going to get really "icky" in that small bathroom. If what I'm seeing is smoke then you've got bigger problems! :? It seems that in a small room like that that filling the bathtub and lavatory up with water and leaving the toilet lid open would cause a natural rise in humidity. Seems that as much humidity/mist that I see in the picture that it would start rusting things (heater for example) and could possibly cause an excessive mold and mildew problem in the bathroom, itself. But, maybe that much humidity/misting is normal for neps? :?: The heater should be okay, though it will run your electric bill up a bit. Check it's wall plug all along while it's heating to be sure it's not overheating/getting too hot. Just some thoughts.
Yeah it's just mist. I only leave the humidifier on for a few hours a day to avoid fungus and other lovely stuff. The heater periodically shuts itself off for several minutes on the low setting and I turn it off at night.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!