FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Kye McLachlan
Hi Guys! Ive read so many topics and gotten so much good advice from FlytrapCare Forums I thought its about time I create my own account so I can chat along and offer and advice I might have to fellow peeps.
Joanie liked this
By andynorth
Welcome. No one seems to be keeping up on it so I will say it. Be sure to check out the seed bank. Even International members can enjoy them, just not as frequently and some other rules, I think. Lots of great people here from all over the world it seems. Also lots of great advice. I might have given up on some plants by now if I had not landed upon this forum back in April.

South Africa. I am just South of Seattle, WA. The great PNW (Pacific Northwest). Long ways to travel but I have always wanted to head that way and hit one of them Safaris you all have down that way. A couple years to retirement and it is definitely on my Bucket List.
Kye McLachlan liked this
By Kye McLachlan
andynorth wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:27 am Welcome. No one seems to be keeping up on it so I will say it. Be sure to check out the seed bank. Even International members can enjoy them, just not as frequently and some other rules, I think. Lots of great people here from all over the world it seems. Also lots of great advice. I might have given up on some plants by now if I had not landed upon this forum back in April.

South Africa. I am just South of Seattle, WA. The great PNW (Pacific Northwest). Long ways to travel but I have always wanted to head that way and hit one of them Safaris you all have down that way. A couple years to retirement and it is definitely on my Bucket List.
Hey Andy! Still finding my way round the forum but I will definitely check out the Seed Bank, thanks for the advice.

Seattle you say :) , The I dont know much about those parts of the US, but we have a coffee chain here called Seattle Coffee Co thats pretty good... If the city is as nice as the coffee it must be good ;)

I can assure you, the safari's are certainly a bucket list item! I live down on the most southern city, Cape Town and we don't have many (good/proper) game farms around here so don't get the opportunity to go on Safari's as much as I would like to. But whenever I get the chance to go north, past Johannesburg I make sure I take it! Highly recommend you explore the Kruger National Park if you had to come, you get everything from tented camping out in the wild, to 5 Star lodges depending on the experience you are looking for. $'s help too :lol:
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
Kye McLachlan wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:56 pm `

Seattle you say :) , The I dont know much about those parts of the US, but we have a coffee chain here called Seattle Coffee Co thats pretty good... If the city is as nice as the coffee it must be good ;)
Well, unfortunately Seattle is not what it used to be but yes, we do have some really good coffee up here. We are next to Puget Sound which is the Northwest United States. Puget Sound is off of the Pacific Ocean and WA State is the state furthest northwest on a map, if that makes any sense. We have some pretty good seafood also.
However, as I said it is not what it used to be. Step over druggies most everywhere you go there soo we just stay to ourselves 30 miles south. Great to hear from those in other countries that are fond of CP's also. Any questions just ask away as there are a lot of smart people here. Cheers

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!