FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
I purchased this Heliamphora from Black Jungle Exotic Terrarium Supply a few weeks ago. Sure as heck is not as the picture showed and I have filed a complaint with PayPal as I was not expecting a "seedling" that is so close to death that I am not sure it can be saved. I tried reaching out to their customer service several times with zero response. That is until today after I contacted PayPal to reverse the charge. Owner went on and on about their policies and blah blah blah. I get it, but do not post a pic of a healthy, mature plant if that is not what you are sending. This in itself irritates me when sellers on eBay do the same thing so I always make certain of what it is I will "Actually" be receiving. Almost $20.00 to ship this and it arrived 8 days later. According to the owner, it was shipped out UPS 3 day select and "that may have caused its demise". So, Is there anything I can do to possibly save this little one or is it pretty much a goner?
Attachments:
20231107_113845.jpg
20231107_113845.jpg (3.65 MiB) Viewed 644 times
By andynorth
Camden wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:52 am That looks like it’s fallen over! I would first get it on its feet, bag it, and put it near some light like a windowsill or something. It certainly is still alive though!
That is how it has been since I received it. Our sunshine is gone for the year. I have both a greenhouse and a grow ten so would either of those work? Will try to stand it up and get it in a bag tonight. Thanks
By Camden
Yes probably just shaken up from shipping(bad shipping albeit).
Oh yes, any form of light (that plants can grow under). The more light the better. Just don’t force anything that doesn’t want to move. Helis are brittle and can break easily (you can rough ‘em up a little bit just be careful)!
andynorth liked this
Hello from Arkansas!

Hello, heya, howdy. Enjoy the forums! :D

Elionwyr requests drosera intermedia. Ty!

Intheswamp requests the pack of D. capensis "[…]

New donation

I'd like to thank thepitchergrower for his latest […]

1633 expired and canceled

This request has expired and been canceled, seeds […]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

NASC Auction

Moderators please remove if not allowed. . Terraf[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!