FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By DragonsEye
There are folks who grow such things as houseplants. I don’t. Not enough space and providing sufficient light would be problematic. Also, they are highly prone to spider mites and other pests … especially indoors.
By elaineo
I have two baby trees that I started from these seeds in the seedbank! IIRC the donor mailed them to the seedbank from Europe. It's fun to try something different. I've been tempted to send in some of my tobacco seeds, because tobacco is supposedly protocarnivorous. So is cannabis, but I don't want @Chefdean to end up in prison.
By Intheswamp
Yeah, nicotine is definitely a killer of more than humans. Neonicotinoids used in seed treatments, especially corn, has impacted honey bee populations basically wherever corn is planted using treated seed. I believe the EU has already banned neonicotinoid seed treatments. Thanks for giving me a new word, elaineo...protocarnivorous. I had to look it up! Would make a great spelling-bee word!!! :D

Pot seeds...I can see Chef: "No, Agent Smith. I had no idea what they were! Honest!!!! I had no idea why suddenly all these tweakers were wandering around in my yard muttering "heeyyy dude"...and then ya'll showed up. :? Here, can I bribe you with some D. regia seeds?".....and ChefDean forevermore was known as "The Seedman of Trousdale"!!!! :mrgreen:
elaineo liked this
By elaineo
@Intheswamp, i think you will enjoy this article about "Murderous Plants", aka plants that kill insects without eating them. Speaking of tweakers, morning glories produce lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide, which is a naturally occurring form of lysergic acid diethylamide. Kids often refer to this substance as L.S.D. Yeah, that's what @ChefDean was pushing. The first hit is free, amirite?

Seriously though, is there a rule that Seed Bank submissions have to eat what they kill? if not, the possibilities are endless :twisted:
Panman, andynorth liked this

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!