FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,
My sundew related questions keep on coming.

I grew this Drosera x Dork's Pink a few months back from gemmae sent to me in the mail from someone, and most of them died except for this one which is finally turned into a cute little sundew.

However, it used to produce a ton of dew and now it no longer makes any.

Only difference I can think I made in changes was moving the yescom225 growlights closer to it, since I was growing VFTs in the same rack.

Anything I can do about this?

Conditions are under Yescom225s for 14 hours, 50/50 peat moss perlite mix, 70-75F, 50% humidity indoors.

By Nikson
Do they go dormant even if I have them inside under growlights? The room it's in is close to a window and will probably start going into the 65 degree range. Should I decrease the photoperiod on the Yescoms to induce dormancy, or is it just a temperature related thing?
By ChefDean
I'm not am expert on pygmies, but mine typically began to enter dormancy about this time. The two I have right now seem to still be going strong. However, other growers I know have had theirs go dormant in late spring for only a couple of weeks, then produce gemmae all summer.
Temp and light are the major factors, but they will still dance to their own tune.
Nikson liked this
Do Long Summer Days Affect CPs?

You don't need to worry about the hours of sunlig[…]

Honestly, I don't know. The leaves look like they […]

I must say, I'm especially curious about how we[…]

Boy this is hard work

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A[…]

Hi from FNQ.

G'day!

I’ll be honest, I’ll probably end up[…]

I get peat moss in the traps every time I repot in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!