FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
I am finally seeing some nice seedlings sprout from my first batches of Drosera I received from the seed bank. I have some Mixed Drosera, Intermedia, Madagascarian and a couple others. Question is, what does everyone do with all these seedlings until they are big enough to go in pots on their own? Does anyone ever add them to Sarrs or Neps and other CP's? I was thinking of possibly doing a few pots up with 1 or 2 of each species in them. I now have plenty of them and I am sure I will have even more once they start self pollinating. I just do not want to overwhelm myself with a bunch of small pots of nothing but Drosera as I also will be starting my Sarrs seeds here fairly soon also.
By oval
My Drosera end up in all the other pots anyway. I eventually end up moving the original non-Drosera plant into a pot of its own again. :D
andynorth liked this
By ChefDean
There's nothing you can do! (Insert maniacal laugh reminiscent of Vincent Price)
The plants have hatched their diabolical plan of world domination, and you, foolish human, have been tricked into abetting their invasion.
Bwa-ha-ha!
andynorth, MikeB liked this
By andynorth
Great. Exactly what I was needing in my insane little world here. I am thinking of giving some to the grandkids to let they have a go at it also. My son failed miserably with a nice Sarrs I had given him so need to skip his generation. :D :D :D
CalCarn Hitchhiker

I agree with Shadow, it is too early to tell. How[…]

It isn't fully sealed, so it shouldn't be digestin[…]

So what would be the signs that I should not be us[…]

...maybe look at trading the VFT for a sundew. M[…]

Input on Neps placement

My traps and sundews do much better once they get[…]

SASE sent for April and May requests. Thanks Chef![…]

I have a Mars Hydro and 2 Vivosun 200W lights. The[…]

The above responses are OK, but for the faint of[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!