FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Has anyone tried the below light yet? My doctor told me today he may be releasing me to go back to work part time the 1st of December. I know my VFT's will be dormant but I have some Drosera that will not be and I would like to showcase what I have been doing while out on disability. What better way than with some of my plants, since I have not done much else. The light appears to be ideal for CP's in general and seems it might be a great way to show off my plants.

https://www.amazon.com/Venus-Fly-Trap-T ... TKF8&psc=1
By davinstewart
I'd be wary of this. Growing flytraps through the winter is an advanced technique that cause problems if not done right.

Also, if it's an enclosed terrarium I'd avoid it for flytraps. Humidity above 40% or so is fine for them and when you get up into the 90-100% humidity range with no air movement, you'll have problems with fungus and rot. Flytraps in terrariums for long periods generally do not do well .

Finally, I'd like to see just how much light is being produced. Flytraps like about 20-30 DLI to really shine and those led's look a little wimpy to me.

I'd avoid this product but like the idea of a dedicated vft growing device.
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
Thanks. I was actually thinking of using it for some Sundews I wanted to take to work. VFT's will be dormant so will leave them alone. I might just buy one to see how powerful the light is and if it will indeed work or not.

Long time ago this nepenthes began flowering and w[…]

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!