FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By DragonsEye
Just curious if anyone has experienced any benefits to doing so. All of mine are potted and sit in a water tray but the trays I have are typically not deep enough to have a water level deeper than the pot. I now have 2 containers from mushrooms that will be repurposed as water trays. They are deep enough that I could have the Utricularia pots submerged. I know some plants require changes like varying temperatures or day length cues in order to bloom or go dormant. Was curious if anyone has done periods of “flooding” and seen any beneficial results with Utricularia?
By Huntsmanshorn
My U. cornuta will flower more readily if it is submerged. Also, some seem to grow much faster/better if they have periods of submergence, my colony of U. monanthos was ripped apart by a squirrel this last spring and was scattered all over, the stuff that was in the water tray I left there to see what would happen and now the stuff in the tray is significantly outgrowing the stuff I repotted.
DragonsEye liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!