FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
It is August. The days are hot and muggy. Flavas are failing and leucos are hitting their stride. You know what that means!
It is time to talk about the Holiday Extravaganza! For those of you new to the forum, every December we have an expanded photo contest with more prizes and more chances to win.

One of the neat things about the Extravaganza is that members contribute many of the prizes so I wanted to get you all thinking along that line. If there are any plants, seeds, or products that you would like to contribute as a prize, please let me know.

You will also want to be thinking about your contest entry. By December, many of the plants aren't looking so hot, so you may want to get your photos taken before they start to fail. For examples of entries, check out our previous contests.
december-2022-3rd-annual-holiday-extrav ... 56434.html
december-2021-2nd-annual-holiday-extrav ... 52757.html
december-2020-holiday-extravaganza-phot ... 48906.html

Also coming up in December will be the Secret Santa. If anyone is interested, I organize a list of people interested and assign participants a giftee. Details of last year's Secret Santa can be found here: secret-santa-2022-t56179.html Again, this is something that you want to be thinking about ahead of time so that you know what gift you might have available.

If you have any questions about either of these two events, don't hesitate to PM me.

Long time ago this nepenthes began flowering and w[…]

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!