FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
P.S. Have some patience, don't keep clicking "Submit". Wait, and it'll happen.
Or, if you scroll up about five seconds after you submit, click on the title of the post. That will reload it and you'll see your post. If not, click your back button and try again.
wcrosman, andynorth liked this
By NightRaider
They have to actually have something fit for them to lay eggs on order to reproduce, so as long as you don't leave rotten fruit or anything like that laying around they'll just die off within a few days. I feed frogs and indoor plants FFFs, and whatever escapees I may have have never been a concern of mine for that reason. If you're still concerned for some reason though, just setting a cup of plain water in the immediate vicinity will attract and drown most of the stragglers. Don't ask how I know
By andynorth
Thanks for the input. I did not think it was an issue but wanted to be certain. I let a whole bunch loose inside my mini greenhouse then close the cover. Most my CP's are outside now but I have my Ceph and some replanted Sarracenia's (don't ask) and germinating seeds along with my Cobra Lily and it's bowl and water with pump so if they get away they usually end up in that. Patiently waiting for my Cobra Lily to snag the flies that I keep trapping in the greenhouse. When I get one I will post video.

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome! (and I think it's my turn to say: ) Be su[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!