FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Supercazzola
I’ve purchased thousands of dollars of plants from carnivero, so I doubt very much the plant was sent this way, but just after 3-4 weeks in my care, my very expensive villosa is showing signs of crown rot. Is there anyway to save it? an email to them just yielded that villosa is prone to crown rot and to keep the leaves dry. It’s in 50/50 perlite and akadama.
IMG_1080.jpeg
IMG_1080.jpeg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 754 times
IMG_1079.jpeg
IMG_1079.jpeg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 754 times
Its day temps are 70F night 50F
By Nocturne
Damn it sorry to hear that. I’ve got a villosa from the same batch (lastest release), kept it in a mix of Akadama, Pumice, Peat and Coco Coir. Live sphag dressing on top of media. The temp is similar to yours but its slightly warmer over all. Humidity vary from 30-80% depends on environment and time of day.

Personally I don’t think its an issue of care but the plant could be wounded during handling/shipping or transplant, which results in fatal infection. Yours look similar to a few seedlings I’ve killed when I’ve made cuts or scraps but did not allow the wound to form callus. Hate to say this but judging by look something is in its blood and it has less than 10% of chance pulling through. I’ve never managed to save any that has rot starting from bottom up and extends to growth point.

The villosa in the media described above is currently growing.
Supercazzola liked this
Hello from New England

Welcome

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

You should check Craig's List for plastic, food-g[…]

I notice that the tds readings of my tapwater can […]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

It's too soon to be able to provide a positive ID.[…]

Fun supermarket

Spam?

The "Bisnick" mini bog

Is this normal?

Follow-up on the ventratas. I did some research on[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!