FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Barlapipas 6
From google images the plants look small to medium. But I think the plant can get bigger for sure, but how much? Can it get as big as a ventrata? I don’t have enough room for such a beast! If it gets too big what should I do? Also can you tell me some basic care instructions for Nepenthes Gaya as it is my second nepenthes and I am willing to take good care of it. The first one was probably a louisa and I kept it light starved.
By optique
take into account all Nepenthes are vines but some grow more compact than others. You can cut them back make cuttings ect. I got Gaya last fall and it was tiny and has grown very fast in a west facing window over the winter.

By optique
ATM its outside under a shade table and i just hit it with the hose twice a week. In the winter i keep track of what plant drys it's media the fastest, and like every few days i touch that media to find out when i will water everything with rain water.

St.Gaya seems to grow compact and fast. it is colorful and tans easy. It seems to have a great hybrid vigor, its lighting requirements seem to be a little more light then a maxima would like. Notice the light tan my newest leaves have i would aim for that amount of light for best growth.

I have a Mars Hydro and 2 Vivosun 200W lights. The[…]

The above responses are OK, but for the faint of[…]

The only place I have ever found river water to be[…]

Well, I can't enter this one because I can't keep […]

Hello from New England

Man... I miss New England... Welcome! Enjoy the e[…]

Input on Neps placement

I have Diane, Lady Luck, Ventrata and hybrids with[…]

The light requirements for a VFT are such that ind[…]

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

8s, keep looking on Craig's List and any local &qu[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!