FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By salami
I notice the plant once it gets to a certain length the tip becomes yellow as in the end of the branch becomes yellow.

Does my plant look ok?

Thanks
By Lawndude84
I had a Drosera that was showing the same characteristics recently. I believed it to be spider mites. Now, since Drosera can be very touchy when it comes to chemicals, what I did was dip it in water for a couple hours and re-potted it. I'd recommend the same for you unless someone else knows exactly what it is.
By watnazn
manzano167 wrote:i think those go dormant to let it be dormant
What.

Anyways that looks like d. graminifolia to me which is a tropical plant that requires no dormancy. Maybe its from not having enough humidity. If its a recently acquired plant you may have to wait for new leaves to come out adjusted and not yellow. Your conditions are probably good if its producing new leaves with dew, I had troubles with it.

It could be spider mites, but just don't spray it if you don't see any bugs. Probably a repot with a mix of peat and perlite/ sand wouldn't hurt it, but you can wait if you want.
By Pat
Looks more like D. filiformis which does have a dormancy period. Only thing is that its the middle of summer in New Zealand.
By Aging_Bourbon
Pat wrote:Looks more like D. filiformis which does have a dormancy period. Only thing is that its the middle of summer in New Zealand.
That what I was gonna say
By salami
Hi

The tag says Drosea filiformis

No spider mites on the plant. I bought it from a shop two weeks ago so maybe it needs adjusting to the new environment. I'll keep an eye on it and will ask if I need help

Thanks for the advices
Input on Neps placement

My traps and sundews do much better once they get[…]

I just tested my tap water 2 days ago and it was […]

SASE sent for April and May requests. Thanks Chef![…]

I have a Mars Hydro and 2 Vivosun 200W lights. The[…]

The above responses are OK, but for the faint of[…]

Well, I can't enter this one because I can't keep […]

Hello from New England

Man... I miss New England... Welcome! Enjoy the e[…]

The light requirements for a VFT are such that ind[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!