Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By mitch
hi everyone,

i have 5 neps,
2 n. ventricosa x maxima (intermediate)
2 n. ventricosa
1 n. sanguinea ( with really nice brown traps! hehehe)
my ventricosa x maxima's i have had for about a month, when the sun rises i take them out of my greenhouse and put them in filtered light, and when the sun goes down i put them back in the ghouse. they seem to be doing well.

but im not sure if i should do that with my other's because there highlanders and they need a temp drop

any help would be much apruciated! (i think thats how you spell it)
By CN-
Mitch ,
What are your Day time temps in the GH .
An What are your Night time temps in Your GH ?

I have lots of H/L an Intermed as well as a few UH/L plants in my GH They do just fine together . I think you might be making alot of work for your self by contantly moving your plant from one condition too the next . This will also stress your plants . They arent picked up daily in the wild an moved from one spot to the next .
My piont is they will adjust to the conditions ........Depending on your temps .

for example my GH Night time Temps 60º F My day time Temps are between 62º an 75º depending on the Sun an the Outside temps an My Plants are healthy an thriving

daren
By mitch
gremhoues temps are about the same as the outside temps coz i open the door so it does'nt get to hot.
so the outside temps at this time if the year (summer) is about from 25 degreed c to 30 degrees c
and night time temps about 24 degrees c but in my ghouse at night its about 27 degrees c
By CN-
mitch wrote:thanks 4 converting it daren i only just got home then.

so should i leave them in the greenhouse overnight

Mitch ,
this really depends on your temps in side the House As well as your Humidity

Daren
By doku
mitch wrote:hi everyone,

i have 5 neps,
2 n. ventricosa
my ventricosa x maxima's i have had for about a month, when the sun rises i take them out of my greenhouse and put them in filtered light, and when the sun goes down i put them back in the ghouse. they seem to be doing well.

but im not sure if i should do that with my other's because there highlanders and they need a temp drop

Well, I grow ventricosa, sanguinea and maxima outside(no terrarium, but shaded in the afternoon when the sun is the hottest). I live in Southern California, zone 9. My summers are really hot and dry, and there is usually not a significant drop in temperatures between night and day. During the summer the temperature range in the day and night can be between 27℃(80℉) and 35℃(95℉) sometimes reaching over 38℃(100℉). They always seem to do fine without the drop of temperatures under 18℃(65℉). They actually seem to grow pretty fast. Just make sure you acclimate them properly to the low humidity and all the extra light it receives. There are several other highlanders that i grow the same way that also do really well. Also, in the summer the humidity rarely gets higher than 30%.
By Lawndude84
I agree with Doku on this one. The Neps you grow are very flexible in their growing conditions. I think they will do just fine where they are at now.
By CN-
doku wrote:
mitch wrote:hi everyone,

i have 5 neps,
2 n. ventricosa

Well, I grow ventricosa, sanguinea and maxima outside(no terrarium, but shaded in the afternoon when the sun is the hottest). I live in Southern California, zone 9. My summers are really hot and dry, and there is usually not a significant drop in temperatures between night and day. During the summer the temperature range in the day and night can be between 27℃(80℉) and 35℃(95℉) sometimes reaching over 38℃(100℉). They always seem to do fine without the drop of temperatures under 18℃(65℉). They actually seem to grow pretty fast. Just make sure you acclimate them properly to the low humidity and all the extra light it receives. There are several other highlanders that i grow the same way that also do really well. Also, in the summer the humidity rarely gets higher than 30%.
Lawndude84 wrote:I agree with Doku on this one. The Neps you grow are very flexible in their growing conditions. I think they will do just fine where they are at now.
well There Ya go .
yes Most of those will do just fine in your conditions although i am still concerned about what they say their Humidity actually is . I guess i should have just said that in the first place but i was trying to take a more professional approach then just saying "YEP THEY WILL GROW JUST FINE IN LITTLE OR NO HUMIDITY". So I will Now ...... YES the plants Mentioned are very forgiving to almost all conditions

Just as long as your Night time Humidity rises above 60% at night .
But seems That they will tell me i have been growing these wrong Now for the last almost 3 years .

Daren
Flytrap ID

Can anyone help identify? I was told by the person[…]

24 wide, 24 deep, 36 high It will fit with a half[…]

thanks ChefDean Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapat[…]

Results of self pollinating?

So I have read that when self pollinating sarrs yo[…]

Is this a steal?

2nd is new one not 1st mb

Liberation from Lowe’s

So I went to Lowe’s to look at some stuff cu[…]

Nwpenthes grow tent help

So do you have shelves inside? Mine are 24x24x48. […]

A friend of mine keeps her sarracenia pots in cach[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!