FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By spruill771
Never used artificial light prior to this. I'm trying to create a highland terrarium for some of my highland nepenthes, heliamphoras, and tropical sundews. My current setup features a ZooMed ReptiFogger, a ZooMed ReptiRain misting system, a small desk fan located inside the terrarium to circulate airflow, and I'm going to be ordering a pertile cooler to encourage a nighttime temperature drop. Everything is set on a series of timers. The only questionable item is my lighting. I'm currently using 2 GreatValue brand BR30 Reflector LED Plant Lights. I attached a picture of the case down below. I have the dual bulb fixture sitting on top of the terrarium hood about 6 inches from the top of the plants and the lights are running for 14 hours a day. Is this enough light for the plants I have growing? Too much? Too little? Are the lights positioned right well enough for the plants?

Plants in the terrarium:
Nepenthes ventricosa
Nepenthes sanguinea
Heliamphora heterodoxa hybrid
Pinguicula moranensis
Drosera capensis
Drosera binata

By Jeeper
I've had my ventricosa in an East facing window for a year now and it's growing just fine. Your plants will tell you if it's too much or not enough. I like the leaves to stay a bright green, some would say almost a sickly green, but thats what they'd look like in a lot of the research I've done.
Hello from New England

Welcome

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

You should check Craig's List for plastic, food-g[…]

I notice that the tds readings of my tapwater can […]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

It's too soon to be able to provide a positive ID.[…]

Fun supermarket

Spam?

The "Bisnick" mini bog

Is this normal?

Follow-up on the ventratas. I did some research on[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!