FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Adenosine
My camera is an old point and shoot but still has great potential! Image

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
By Mawy_Plants
I love that you've shared this with us. Thank you! And props to the ol' point and shoot. I wish I learned more about photography...

Hopefully you took a still of the full moon! xD

Mary
By Adenosine
You're in luck! I took many stills of the full moon today in Southern California. I'll post them later.

By riveraXVX
I love shooting the moon from time to time with our camera, full moons and the like are a bit too bright for the fine details but its still fun!

I took a few of the last strawberry moon, if I dig one up I'll post it! we previous and this year had too much cloud cover though ;/
By Adenosine
riveraXVX wrote:I love shooting the moon from time to time with our camera, full moons and the like are a bit too bright for the fine details but its still fun!

I took a few of the last strawberry moon, if I dig one up I'll post it! we previous and this year had too much cloud cover though ;/
I'd love to see the photos you took! I bet they're amazing. I always put my exposure settings down to a point were you can see some fine details. My camera came out a while ago so the exposure levels aren't that great, but it's decent enough for a moon photo.

By riveraXVX
this was the strawberry moon from June 2016, kid missed out on seeing it that year so I told her I'd stay up and try to get a good shot for her this was the best I got after editing in post a bit

then this is my favorite regular full moon shot. once again stupid cloudy night tried to ruin it, this was edited in post and is a combination of two photos merged slightly together then the most detailed moonshoot I could get overlaid over the top (the original background photo the moon was covered lightly by clouds but still illuminating the clouds around it - just the face not visible...so I plopped it on there!)

the kid who is 7 now, was/is space obsessed - so she gets really disappointed when lunar events are happening but we can't see them we often have to go drive around to find better spots

riveraXVX liked this
By Adenosine
riveraXVX wrote:this was the strawberry moon from June 2016, kid missed out on seeing it that year so I told her I'd stay up and try to get a good shot for her this was the best I got after editing in post a bit

then this is my favorite regular full moon shot. once again stupid cloudy night tried to ruin it, this was edited in post and is a combination of two photos merged slightly together then the most detailed moonshoot I could get overlaid over the top (the original background photo the moon was covered lightly by clouds but still illuminating the clouds around it - just the face not visible...so I plopped it on there!)

the kid who is 7 now, was/is space obsessed - so she gets really disappointed when lunar events are happening but we can't see them we often have to go drive around to find better spots

Oh wow. I'm speechless! Those pictures are amazing!

By riveraXVX
thank you! I wish we had a much further reach in our arsenal, we pick up a lot of older vintage prime lenses and play around a lot on a more modern DSLR w/ adapters for some - I enjoy photography a lot but just dabble playing around with it as time allows!

the past year or so I got crazed about the macro lens we picked up though so I've been thinking small and tiny more so than large and far away!
By FlyTrap Hunter
riveraXVX wrote:thank you! I wish we had a much further reach in our arsenal, we pick up a lot of older vintage prime lenses and play around a lot on a more modern DSLR w/ adapters for some - I enjoy photography a lot but just dabble playing around with it as time allows!

the past year or so I got crazed about the macro lens we picked up though so I've been thinking small and tiny more so than large and far away!
I love the 2nd shot. Looks like a star shaped hole in the clouds.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!