FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
I am planning on buying a seed grown fly trap from this site's store and was wondering what kind of acclamation I need to do for growing outside, if any. I don't want to see my new plant burn up.
By sbrooks
With any flytrap that has just been shipped, you want to give it a little acclimation for the first week or so, having just spent a few days in the dark. In my experience with FTS, if you're purchasing an adult or mature size flytrap, it is most likely sun-hardened in their greenhouse. Oftentimes, the younger plants are still somewhat fresh out of tissue culture, and haven't been exposed to full sun yet. In any case, they always ship care instructions with your order. And if Matt doesn't see this thread and respond, you could message him directly and ask for any specific advice in this regards.
sbrooks liked this
By Matt
Steve has it right. All plants should be acclimated gently to a new environment. The flytraps we sell are ready for full sun, but it really depends on where you live as to whether or not you can just throw them out in full sun without any negative consequences. It's always best to slowly introduce them to full sun and watch for any negative consequences and make adjustments as necessary.
Nwpenthes grow tent help

What size is the grow tent? 56x56 at its base, an[…]

I know there's a few that need a complete dry peri[…]

Definitely a bladderwort. Very nice pot you have[…]

i dont have any sphagnum moss, is it essential for[…]

Cephalotus pitcher die off

I have a cephalotus that seems to have a lot of pi[…]

Just a short comment on the tent. Would Jade be[…]

When do I pot leaf pulls?

wait until the mother leaf is completely dry b[…]

Hello from the California!

Welcome. Be sure to check out the seedbank.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!