FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Jds
I have seen many super users replying my post like daniel_g, Mrsmuscipula,etc.
My question is what is actual meaning of super user? :?
I have seen other members who have more posts than super users,then why aren't they super users? :?:
By Eric
I think it has something to do with post frequency. I used to be a super user at some point but then I took a break from CPs and the forum and lost the green name.
By katya_dog1
Post frequency and contribution basically. MrsMuscipla was a super user before she came back last year.
I don't think it makes a difference as to how things work in the forum, however.
By Jds
If that is the case even I can be super user as my post average is 4.66 posts per day.
Is it so?
I know it doesn't make any difference but I wanted to know that how it actually works.
By katya_dog1
I honestly don't know if here is much rhyme or reason to making super user. Matt does it I think. It's up to him.

I'm happy with my name in blue. :)
By sbrooks
I'm pretty sure that you have to live in a cave of ice with all of the other Super Users. ;)
sbrooks, sbrooks liked this
By Daniel_G
If you notice how many thanks we have, it's usually quite a lot.
I think it's a spot reserved for those who make a large and helpful contribution to the forums.
Still don't know how I got the title :lol:
By stitz25b
If it helps, when i was here i got 2000+ post and i got nothing
Maybe this time around :(
By katya_dog1
sbrooks wrote:I'm pretty sure that you have to live in a cave of ice with all of the other Super Users. ;)
:lol:
By sbrooks
It's a Superman reference. Apparently the dude hung out in an icy fortress.
By Leo756
Well, I certainly never asked for the title. And I wasn't notified when it was bestowed either. I just noticed it had appeared one day out of the blue (or orange, as it were.) I was extremely flattered, and to this day I *still* don't consider myself an expert CP grower because I only get about six hours of direct sunlight and I've only been growing them for a few years now.

I remember seeing a discussion thread like this once before, and someone said that Matt grants the "super user" distinction after you've posted lots of photos which demonstrate you know what you're doing with your plants, but I don't believe I've ever heard that directly from him though. One of the other threads about this topic included a link to the following page which states the official guidelines which define super users as "Forum users that have contributed more than the average person on the forum by either posting more, writing articles or answering lots of questions. Membership is gained through nomination by an admin or moderator only. This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader."

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/super-users-g7.html

I honestly don't know how I made the cut. Just keep that kryptonite away, please. It makes my plants wilt. :P
Leo756, Leo756, Leo756 and 1 others liked this

The above responses are OK, but for the faint of h[…]

Input on Neps placement

I have Diane, Lady Luck, Ventrata and hybrids with[…]

The light requirements for a VFT are such that ind[…]

I would think that the TDS would be different in d[…]

Hello from New England

Greetings from another New Englanda’

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

8s, keep looking on Craig's List and any local &qu[…]

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!