FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By John S
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunshine-Systems-LE ... 1250wt_952

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunshine-Systems-LE ... 1285wt_952

I just saw these listings on ebay for these sunshine systems LED grow lights which I know to sell new for over $100. I'm really not looking into getting one (I just leave my plants outside), but I was curious as to how these people are selling these lights for so cheap and if it's a good deal or totally bogus. Anyone know anything about these?
I think there are some other extremely cheap listings of these LED lights on ebay as well.
John S liked this
By Steve_D
These may be the older model of GlowPanel 45, which had a cardboard inset top that could (possibly) collect water and allow water inside, and was more cheaply constructed. Those older models are being liquidated by various sellers, while Sunshine-Systems sells (I believe) only the latest model of GlowPanel at their website, at a higher price.

I have both older and new model Glow Panel 45's, and I prefer the new model myself even at the higher price, although the older model may work as well as the new one in the long term (I haven't had them long enough to know, and both old and new models are working fine so far after 8-9 months).
By dantt99
TYVVM for putting these links! I will be bidding (even if the top has the cardboard inset) because that is a great price, if it stays below 50$ it's good :D
Thanks!
By John S
Hmmm well looks like we might be bidding against each other dantt99. As long as the price stays relatively low haha. I plan to get the sunshine system's glowpanel45 for my birthday in september, but if I can get a couple of these then the more LED's the merrier!
By cnf276
If you're talking about the ones from debnroo they're the new ones. I bought 3 of them 2 weeks ago and they work great. Debnroo is a company that sells products for companies and Sunshine Systems which are the manufacturers of the GlowPanel 45 are located less than 20 miles from Debnroo. When I bought them they were shipped direct from the manufacturer to me. That should explain the low prices too.
By dantt99
Did anyone win any, I missed it. Going to try tomorrow :D
By Nats
Looks like the one he is selling is the 28 watt version which is normally cheaper then
the 45 watt version.

The other guy is selling the 14 watt version, which is almost worthless unless you want to use
it only for one plant.

I believe that is why the price is so low ?!
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!