FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By candyman
I keep the soil moist, not too wet or too dry, having the pot sitting on gravel and keeping water in the gravel. It sits on a self near a south facing window, not directly in front of the window, just to the left of it. This gives it bright, indirect light. it has a couple spindly leaves on top and the rest look dried up or rotting. the few good leaves are curled inward from the edges. This thing is barely hanging on. not dying, not growing. any suggestions??...

the whole plant is only about the size of the top of my thumb. I have two different vft's, two different pitcher plants, and sundew and all are flourishing. yet this little guy isnt doing so well
Attachments:
100_1031.JPG
100_1031.JPG (39.53 KiB) Viewed 2598 times
By Grey
Do you know what species it is? From the picture it looks like a Pinguicula Grandiflora; if this is the case then you need to keep it cool as it is a cold temperate pinguicula which require different growing conditions to venus fly traps and some sundews. Excess heat may cause burning and dryness in the leaves, but there could be numerous other factors. It all depends on what species of pinguicula it is.
By victor
Maybe you should unpot it and inspect the roots and rizome.
By Grey
Ahh I see. P. Primuflora are warm temperate pinguicula. They enjoy high humidity, which may be the problem; how long have you had the plant?

You could unpot it and check over the roots and the core of the plant to see if there is any rotting; pinguicula are prone to root rot however P. Primuflora don't mind having their pot flooded once in a while. I'm not very experienced with these plants so I'll give you the link to an article that will hopefully give you more info than I can: http://www.pinguicula.org/A_world_of_Pi ... iflora.htm

Here's another thread regarding P. Primuflora: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/pingu ... t7604.html

Good luck!
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!