FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
I stumbled upon "Windowsill Nepenthes" on Youtube the other day. I watched several episodes and was impressed with the guy. In one episode (maybe the "20 Tips" one) he showed what optique mentioned about dipping the tendrils in a glass of water to promote pitcher formation. The guy grows in Canada on...his window sill. He seems to know what he's doing and has quiet a collection. I got tickled at a shirt he wore on one episode and caught an image of it on my cellphone camera...
IMG_2387 (Custom) (2).JPG
IMG_2387 (Custom) (2).JPG (678.31 KiB) Viewed 234 times
Andrew072, elaineo liked this
By DewsandTraps
I also have this Gaya that I'm considering repotting. Right now its in a three inch pot in almost pure perlite with a bit of sticks tossed it.
Is the 3 inch pot too short and should i repot it into something bigger and taller like a 5 or 6 inch with lfsm/perlite?
Attachments:
IMG_7950.jpg
IMG_7950.jpg (103.44 KiB) Viewed 181 times
By andynorth
DewsandTraps wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:39 pm I also have this Gaya that I'm considering repotting. Right now its in a three inch pot in almost pure perlite with a bit of sticks tossed it.
Is the 3 inch pot too short and should i repot it into something bigger and taller like a 5 or 6 inch with lfsm/perlite?
It would probably be advisable. However, be careful and expect it to be really pissed at you for a bit. I almost lost mine after a repot and it is still inside a plastic bag, for the most part. What gets me is it did EXTREMELY well in a self watering potter that I was told by more than one person it would kill the plant. Itt was doing fine until I put it in a regular pot. Go figure.

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!