FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Brendenanderson04
I recently got more carnivorous plants. ,serricinia leu cant spell the name,adrovonda,utricularia vulgaris I believe,drosera intermedia and another typical venus flytrap,all of the plant came healthy but I believe that they were kept outside and are dormant right now,they ar now inside my small grow area,somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees I think and I want to know when my plants will wake up from their dormancy and begin to grow for me,for now they are all staying indoors for the next 2 or 3 year,my utricularia and aldrovanda are both sitting in small clear glasses of rainwater and the water they came shipped in,is there anything about thier aquatic care I should be aware of
By Savethetrees4life
You gotta give supplemental light for the VFT and it will start growing larger it’s seemingly affected by the photo spectrum and time of sunlight.
I can’t say about the other plants.
By Brendenanderson04
Thank you,I have a led grow light that's pink/red in the color it puts out,all my CP and smaller plants are sitting about 1 -1.5 feet away from it,dont remember what brand I have,I just remember that one having good reviews and not costing 200 dollars for me to get into carnivorous plants, I'll look into the photospectrum more,lighting can be very confusing in my opinion
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Hi! I live in Arkansas at this moment, but I tran[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Is this a steal?

The first one is a Nepenthes x 'Ventrata' like Pan[…]

...and now you know better how to plan. ;)

My two go to choices are https://www.greenhouseme[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!