FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Brock
Hello, I'm brand new to pitcher plants. I had a venus fly trap years ago. I love all the venus fly traps the alien looking ones might be my favorite. I just purchased two pitcher plants looking for help. I wanted to buy my 4 year old nephew a drosera Regia. He loves books so I bought him savage garden third edition and carnivores plants of Florida. I had a sundew they might be my favorite carnivores I was told it was a native Florida that can turn red in full sun doesn't go dormant haven't really seen one since. I think I might need to buy savage garden for myself but thats why I'm here the help. I want to mount pitcher plants Asian ones. I think I can figure out how to mount a fly trap even a sundew. I might have to bag roots if I tie the plant to a board and water daily. Thats my idea to mount plants so I can put up a boarder on my wall next to my ceiling. I'm here to learn.
By BumpyEvergreen
Hello and welcome to the forum!. It's good to see such ambition but you're right about having to water daily. I'd be careful as it is really hard to keep mounted plants watered and I lost my platycerium because of how fast the soil dried. I do believe the red sundew you are thinking of is capillaris, they turn red in full sun and do not go dormant I think.

Good growing!
By Brock
Thank you. I'm hoping to make some friends along the way. Excited to see some seed banks. I think every carnivores plant takes years to get going from seed. Daily misting even three times a day is something I'm willing to commit to. Now if I get them established on a mount and ever go on vacation I might be able to get someone to mist once a day. I think I need to make a post about mounting and a post about epiphytes

Order received. Your order number is 1651. I'll PM[…]

if nobodys said it yet ive found a pressure spraye[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Lee’s Botanical Gardens has some drosera for[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Rosemary Oil Miticide

The Rasta Bob's link doesn't work. I may have to […]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!