FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank stuarttaylor37 for his latest donation, and he's still hitting them out of the park. Or, in his case, hitting them out of the pitch.
He has shared bulk amounts, likely enough for 10 portions or more of most, of...

D. tomentosa var glabrata (Serro do Caraca, Minas Gerais, Brazil)
D.aliciae (Muizenberg, Cape Peninsula, South Africa)
D.rotundifolia (Kilmore, Isle of Skye, Scotland)
Drosophyllum lusitanicum (Cortes de la Frontera, Spain)
D.cuneifolia. "Silver Hills seed"
D. madagascareinsis
D.spatulata var lovellae
D. collinsae

Pretty cool huh? I think I can see tartan on that rotundifolia, and hear it yell "FREEDOM" in a tiny voice. Or maybe it's just a Braveheart flashback. (Great movie, 11/10, may not be historically accurate, I don't know, I wasn't there)
Stuarttaylor37, thank you for your continued generosity.
The collinsiae, madagascareinsis, and spatulata are immediately available to all eligible members.
The aliciae, cuneifolia, tomentosa, rotundifolia, and Droso are available to donors only for the next 48 hours, and every eligible member after that.
By Panman
Man, I wish it was cool enough here for that rotundafolia. Even indoors we don't get below 75 in the summer. In its native environment the yearly high looks like 63.
By Panman
I don't know. 30 degree may be a problem. I'm pretty sure I killed off my Minnesota rotundifolia hitchhikers last summer. If I treated them like my Darlingtonia, inside from May through September and outside October through April, they may be okay. And I will totally grow them in a Tartan pot. And then there is the Droso. Decisions, decisions.
Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-02-02 144734.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-02 144734.jpg (59.84 KiB) Viewed 547 times
By stuarttaylor37
Panman,

The adult plants survived 40C in my shaded and well ventilated greenhouse last year without showing any obvious distress....it was only for a few days though.
Panman, Andrew072 liked this
By Hedonista
Panman wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:51 pm I don't know. 30 degree may be a problem. I'm pretty sure I killed off my Minnesota rotundifolia hitchhikers last summer. If I treated them like my Darlingtonia, inside from May through September and outside October through April, they may be okay. And I will totally grow them in a Tartan pot. And then there is the Droso. Decisions, decisions.
Hey Panman, where did you get the graph you posted with this with your temps compared to Isle of Skye? Is there a website where you can get this type of comparison easily? Or did you make it yourself?
By Panman
I got the data from https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/@2637681/climate but I put that into Excel and created the chart.
Hedonista liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!