FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By vagabundos 91
i have a pinguilata primuliflora and they seem fine when saw but it like don,t sticky at all when touched, do they need a direct light as vft or indirect and very shaded part? i have put it along with my vft in sunny spot since i got it last saturday because i think they also need a bright like a vft and sundew, i think they are overheat and dried in on the hot sun and because of that, i watering 2 time a day, anyone can help me about these problem .
By quatchi
Hey vagabundos,

From what I've read, this species needs high amounts of water, and only bright indirect light. The reason there isn't any "dew" is because 1) It is in shock from a change in environment, or 2) it is in temperatures that are too hot, probably from being in direct light.

In my opinion, I would move it to a place where it is out of direct light, and maintain a high water level. However, I don't grow this species yet, so take what I've said with a grain of salt.
By CPgrower
If it gets too hot, it seems my sundews and ping primuliflora refuse to produce dew. I guess it evaporates, but not sure. I would move it to an area of bright, indirect light and see how it goes. As far as watering, I keep the soil moist constantly. If you are having to water twice a day to keep the soil moist enough, it's probably too hot.
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!