FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Doomsday
Ok so the ping I thoght was the weakest and definately going to die is going hard!!!!! It is even making carnivorous leaves. Its still tiny, but it made it through the hard part. It is the frist plant I have ever received bare root and planted that has lived (cp wise).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Feb. 27 2011: Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Feb. 23 2011: Image

This is it now: (it has wet ground betta pellets that i just put on to help it with its early spring growth after the shipping and dormancy stress. I also rewet some other dried food on one leaf.

This was it about 2 weeks ago:
Last edited by Doomsday on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GardenNub
Looks great. Do u think frog/tadpole pellets would work too? I asked this in my own topic for flytraps and everyone seemed to say no lol. Thought I would ask someone who uses beta pellets.
By quatchi
Great looking plant Doomsday! It'll look really good once it's fully awake! :P

GardenNub wrote:Looks great. Do u think frog/tadpole pellets would work too? I asked this in my own topic for flytraps and everyone seemed to say no lol. Thought I would ask someone who uses beta pellets.

Hey GardenNub, I used crushed beta pellets on my pings and my sundews and it works really well. Especially with my dews, I've noticed a big response by feeding them. I've noticed less of a response in my pings, but I'm sure it helps while they're still under lights. Just make sure you don't put too much crushed pellet on your leaves, mine have sometimes rotted through due to excess nutrients I think (too much for a small leaf to uptake?).
By victor
Very nice!
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!