FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By EmzyT
hello. Just wondering tips on watering my sundew. I know to use pure water, just wondering on how much water they like. Moist not wet rule, or do they mind always being in water. My sundew fills the entire pot so getting down to touch the soil is difficult. Thanks, Emma
By 95slvrZ28
Most sundews will like a wetter environment than the VFTs you're dealing with. When I realized I was watering my plants too much I dropped both my sundews (Capensis Red) and my VFTs down to once a week. The sundews started to get a little unhappy with me so I started watering them twice a week which has seemed to work out well.
By EmzyT
it fills the whole pot. Is it just one plant in there? X
Attachments:
D.Aliciae.jpg
D.Aliciae.jpg (442.2 KiB) Viewed 5094 times
By EmzyT
wow thats cool. No i'm not keeping it sitting in any water.shall i? Before i posted for help i was intending to water it like my vfts. Water and let soak up. Then water a few days later when needed.
By EmzyT
i have it on a south facing window sil. It gets natural sun light when we have the sun. I just recieved it yesterday mail order...
By sundewman
Yes, keeping them in standing water will be good. In case you aren't familiar with this, you can check out this link: http://www.growsundews.com/tray_method_ ... lants.html
The concept is called the "tray method" and can come in handy once you get a larger collection.
By EmzyT
ok. Thanks for that. =) I know its not best for vft to always be in water. But i just thought i'd check that sundews are different.
By Shane
EmzyT wrote:ok. Thanks for that. =) I know its not best for vft to always be in water. But i just thought i'd check that sundews are different.
Nah it's pretty much the same.

You can visit this website for suggestions about p[…]

Rain

Btw, if you have somewhere to put it, a 32-gallon […]

Too bad you moved away, you could come get these t[…]

Sundew in forest

Why D. capillaris? D. brevifolia is the sundew sp[…]

Oh, that is a solid size. Wonder what it'll look l[…]

Succulents Question

Hello beautiful people! I have a quick question. O[…]

Welp I lost the original post. :shock: Anyhoo I […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!