FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
I've been thinking of trying an experiment. Take some live sphagnum moss and fill its container fairly full with water. Give it a few days to "stew". Then use that sphagnum tainted water to water seeds and leaf-cuttings planted in a peat-based grow mix. I'm curious about the effects of the sphagnum's antibiotic/antifungal qualities and natural tendency to promote healthy plants and whether it would make a positive (or negative) difference in the seedling/plantlet's growth. After the rain we just got I've already got one *very* brittle Sterilite container full of moss that I'm afraid to tip over to empty. Now, if I can just get off my dear rear and plant something before I move the moss to a new container I'll try the moss water out.
By andynorth
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:27 pm Now, if I can just get off my dear rear and plant something before I move the moss to a new container I'll try the moss water out.
Put the mouse down and slowly step away from the keyboard. :D :D :D
Intheswamp liked this
By MikeB
I've noticed that my Sarracenia always grow better in pots with live sphagnum on the surface.
Intheswamp liked this

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!