FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By thebigfelly
please say this is ok since it took me ages to get a screw through the plastic :( it does have a vent and it stays around 24 to 26 degres C i think its quite awsome

Edit-

forgot to add pics :oops:

and just adding these cause there small and awsome!
By thebigfelly
well i just sat the little pots in there cause this rooms hecktec with all the things im doin just to move it out the way the now.. they little pots packet says to have a bag over them should i just remove them from the little pots and plant them in there ?
By thebigfelly
ah right what about if i drilled holes around the lid then? and my kitchens probebly the airiest room i got so a could keep them in there would that be alright?
By kittyklaws
Good luck! It looks pretty cool though :)
By 95slvrZ28
Is there any specific reason you're trying to make a terrarium for them?
By thebigfelly
not really just wanted to see if i could do it more than anything but i got some seeds now sooo....
By kittyklaws
lol Congrats! looks like now you got a pretty awesome place to germinate them yay! :D
By thebigfelly
so i should just move them from the teeny little pots and put them in there, that would be ok?
By thebigfelly
since the VFT's were put in theyre growin lots more traps :D:D
By kittyklaws
YAY! Congrats! :D
By 95slvrZ28
thebigfelly wrote:since the VFT's were put in theyre growin lots more traps :D:D
Do you have some small seedlings or are these the big plants? The big plants should be in dormancy until around March, so you really don't want much new growth on adult plants right now.
I know...when they're growing it's super exciting and I can't wait for March to come around, but the plants need to sleep :cry:
By thebigfelly
yeah i know but they look so nice lol and the shop a got them from just left them growing at the start of the cold months so i figure they probebly wont last that long now anyway and i think i'd prefer to grow them myself + buy from others instead of the shop. yeah a have 2 seedlings potted 2/3 days ago its a sundew and another VFT it says to leave them on a tray with water on it av been doin that but should i just mover them into there?
By 95slvrZ28
You really don't need a terrarium to grow any of the plants you mentioned. The seedlings may benefit for a short time, but the adult plants should be grown in open air. The problem with your terrarium setup is it looks like it doesn't have a lot of good airflow, so you're likely to get fungal growth. It also looks like it doesn't have very good drainage so you may have problems with the roots rotting etc. VFTs also need a lot of vertical room in the soil for their roots and your terrarium looks pretty shallow for a healthy adult plant. Like Matt has already stated, you probably made a pretty good germination chamber for seeds, but adult plants will do better grown in open air.

So I got myself two different N. ventricosa 'Porce[…]

Updated pictures I took today, it's been ~6-7 mont[…]

I have no clue where these plants keep going!

New donation

Also, thank you Panman for donating envelopes. I'd[…]

I got both of these from Amazon. They work well. […]

Will S. rubra var. rubra stay within that size r[…]

I'm aware that VFTs secrete chitinase to "sof[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!