FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Catchy title, huh? Hey everyone!

I've had plenty of flowers this year and more are continuing to pop up. I wanted to share with you something I've discovered about mexican pinguicula flowers primarily (though it could also apply to warm and cold temperate species as well); it's a small thing but it fascinated me and may reassure those who have limited growing space for their pings and want them to flower.

Some pinguicula flower stalks are quite long however I have noticed in an enclosed environment (such as the shelving of a miniature greenhouse) they will only grow as tall as their surroundings allow them! Currently I have a beautiful P. Ibarrae flower stalk that is very long, it is on my windowsill in a pot on its own whereas my fourth P. x Tina stalk is much, much shorter; the plant is situated in a shelving unit I placed on my windowsill. Thinking about it I have never had "cramped" flower stalks (meaning the flower stalk is too tall for its surroundings and starts to bend downwards which can lead to the stalk becoming damaged and the flowers die prematurely).

I'm not sure if anyone will find this as interesting as I do but now you know! :lol: Oh, and pinguicula flowers will always turn to face the sun; I'm sure this is valid for many flowers though hahah.

Enjoy.
By David F
Well I can't be to sure about drosera, I know a lot of growers complain of stalks going up into the light fixtures and dying.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I do sell on Etsy, and anything I sell is authenti[…]

hi: im feedmesemore

Welcome to the forum!

How cold is too cold

Thanks! They will stay outside from now on.

Hello from New England

Welcome to the forum!

Oddly shaped Sarr

Definitely looks like thrip damage, and they are v[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!