FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Ae9803
So I was wondering, does any one have a light setup with HPS? I know its not efficient for people who use terrariums because of the amount of heat.
Just wondered what everyones thoughts, ideas on this subject. I looked around at several other sites... Really it could benefit alot of indoor CP growers if the temp was controlled.
By Arctic
Apparently just me and some guy Daniel G knows. I've been keeping some CPs under HPS for a week or so now. The nepenthe loves it, the flytraps are growing different and my aliciae wants to go back under the fluorescent. Part of me wants to try metal halide. :lol:
By Ae9803
Haha, I always wondered if it was easier to grow plants under HPS or Metal Halide... How do you control the temperatures in an enclosed area?
By Arctic
With little bulbs like these the heats not bad, probably no worse than incandescent. When people use the bigger ones the fixtures usually have big sealed hoods that you can pump air through to keep the temp down/pump the heat out.
By Ae9803
Interesting, i would think it would be more an hassle then it would be worth then going with T5 HO
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!