FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By olliesarea
Hi,
I am currently keeping my seeds inside, occasionally moving them outside on a sunny day, they are continuously kept in 1cm of water, and are receiving about 6 hours of sun a day. they have developed quite a lot of fungus mold now, so I'm wondering what I am doing wrong / what i should be doing to get rid of the mold and to help my seeds grow?
many thanks,
Ollie
By Devon
Well, first of all, you need lots of humidity for sundew seeds to sprout well, or get more than a few seedlings. They also like a little bit of heat. So what you can do is put your seeds in a ziploc bag for humidity, don't forget to seel the bag up. This should also provide some heat if you leave it in the sun, but becarful becuase you don't want it to overheat. For the mold and fungus, what I used was "no-damp" fungicide, it worked well and didn't harm the seedlings/seeds. Don't get your hopes up though because since you already had them in mold, fungus and not much humidity, they might not sprout at all. Good luck! :)
By olliesarea
devonblomquist wrote:Oh yeah, I also forgot to ask something, what seeds are they?
they are a mix of Intermedia , Capensis , Binata and Spatulata. ok thanks for the info I don't think i will try the bag now as they have been potted for 2 weeks, might try the fungicide though. any recommendations for how i should keep them without the bag?
thanks,
Ollie
By tael
olliesarea wrote:
devonblomquist wrote:Oh yeah, I also forgot to ask something, what seeds are they?
they are a mix of Intermedia , Capensis , Binata and Spatulata. ok thanks for the info I don't think i will try the bag now as they have been potted for 2 weeks, might try the fungicide though. any recommendations for how i should keep them without the bag?
thanks,
Ollie
Hello there! Okay... first of all intermedia and binata are temperate, did you give them 6 weeks cold stratification, or use GA3? If not, those ones aren't going to come up. But the capensis and spatulata should be fine. I don't know why there would be so much mold after only two weeks, however, if the capensis and spatulata have not molded, they should still come up. If you want faster germination, I would put a bag around them, as it will keep the humidity up.

Then it's just the waiting game. Good luck! :]
Is this a steal?

The first one is a Nepenthes x 'Ventrata' like Pan[…]

...and now you know better how to plan. ;)

My two go to choices are https://www.greenhouseme[…]

Catching the Nep fever

I have some seed grown neps if you are intersted. […]

You can try it. You don't want it in the window si[…]

Results of self pollinating?

Seeds, gray area. Plants, if shipping across state[…]

tommyr's grow list

pm'ed ya!

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

just pm'ed you!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!