FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
I bought these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093R ... =UTF8&th=1 and I want to put them on 3 of my 4 shelves. Roughly how far should the light be from my germinating containers and also from the plants once they have germinated? I want to be sure not to burn them once they have come up. I have 2 grow tents and one will be solely for germinating and the other for the plants once they start growing.
By Panman
They way I determined the distance was to get the Photone app on my phone. I don't know how accurate it is to tell me about the light but I use it to compare light levels. I measured the level of light for seedlings that I knew was working, and then adjusted the distance of my new set up to match.
andynorth, Intheswamp liked this
By Intheswamp
I use Photone, too. I use it to get in the ballpark of the recommended DLIs for my plants. Make a diffuser and hang it on a nail close by. ;)
By Intheswamp
optique wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:34 am I placed my plants 92,955,807 miles from my light.
Well now, that distance changes throughout the year...are you making adjustments for that or do you have your light set on "Auto"? :mrgreen:
By optique
Intheswamp wrote:Well now, that distance changes throughout the year.
I said i placed it, not kept it moving.
By andynorth
Thanks for the input. I think I have them just about right. One of my concerns was the heat as I do not want to burn anything up. I have Wi-fi Hygrometer's and am keeping an eye on that. So far it is averaging between 84 and 86 degrees. Putting a fan in certainly helped. And the humidity is around 87% since I have a humidifier in with them. I will monitor everything and see how long germination takes.
Intheswamp liked this

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!