FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By SDK1
Hey all, I'm SDK1. I'm admittedly not much of a CP grower and have killed my fair share of big box store VFTs. I've got one ping I've managed to keep alive and another that got originally mangled by a critter outside but I managed to save some leaves which is cool. I mainly grow cacti+succulents indoors now. Used to have a pretty extensive collection but I moved and life got busy so it's been downsized substantially. I do grow sphagnum and my current project is finishing a light box for a few species of sphag.

I'd love to grow some carnivorous plants in the future provided they stay small; small plants are what I like. I also want to be able to give plants away in the future. I dabbled with selling plants briefly and it started to affect how much I enjoyed growing them. Feel free to ask me about lighting, mineral substrates, or plants in general (emphasis on cacti+succulents). I like talking about all of that stuff.

Apologies in advance if I come off a little blunt or a bit tone-deaf, it's a personal failing of mine from time to time. Just point it it out when I am and I'll fix it.
Savethetrees4life liked this
By Sundews69
Welcome! Great to hear you've been able to grow some pings. I mainly grow CPs and will be getting some aroids soon too. Maybe I'll expand into succulents and cacti in the future. If you want some small CPs, check out the Drosera in the Seed Bank!
SDK1, Savethetrees4life liked this
By wcrosman
Welcome
SDK1 liked this
By cofojet755
Hello

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SDK1 liked this
By MikeB
SDK1 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:45 pm I'd love to grow some carnivorous plants in the future provided they stay small; small plants are what I like. I also want to be able to give plants away in the future.
Two words for you: Drosera spatulata. Easy to grow, stays small, likes to multiply.

Carlton Carnivores sells lots of sundews, definitely worth checking out.
SDK1 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!