FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Camden
Sundews69 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am Ok, I'll keep that clone in mind! Why didn't you get the supposedly easiest clone, BE-3380?
I got the AW Clone 1 because, put simply, I do kinda want to have a male and female. Now Im half way there.

Sundews69 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am And what size did you get?
I bought what they advertised as a small but when I got it I could tell it had a bit of import shock from them shipping from wistuba. So, with that being said, I’d say I got a XS + a little.

Sundews69 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am I think you had temps similar to mine, right?
So, I’m pretty much whatever temperature it is outside. I grow all my plants under a covered area on my deck. This summer we had temp’s into the 90’s and lows down to 67. When it gets to winter I’ll probably put them in my basement to get those temperature fluctuations. Humidity has been pretty wishy washy this year. One day we have like 96% then 42% the next. Recently we had gotten an all time low of 31%.
Last edited by Camden on Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sundews69 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Yep, the single clone sold under 3380 is male. 3268, 3975, 3280, 3082, and 3081 are all batches containing more than one clone, though.
By Bluefire
Camden M wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:01 pm Ikr I only recently found this one product page that only mentions it once.

All_BE_codes_with_Descriptions.xlsx
Yeah, I found that too. Doesn't even mention other plants that I've found confirmed sexes for elsewhere.
By Camden
Bluefire wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm
Camden M wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:01 pm Ikr I only recently found this one product page that only mentions it once.

All_BE_codes_with_Descriptions.xlsx
Yeah, I found that too. Doesn't even mention other plants that I've found confirmed sexes for elsewhere.
While on the topic, I do keep on seeing this pop up in some of the Hamata hybrids they list “ The female parent is a selected seed-grown clone of the Gng. Tambusisi form of N. hamata with collection ID# 1093”. What that collection ID it mentions? I was thinking that it was reffering to their own personal collection right? If that were the case then why would they bring up the collection ID if we don’t have access to it? That doesn’t make sense. Must be some kind of distributor thing.
Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!