FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Apprz
hello guys
So i would like to fulfill my dream of keeping heliamphoras. but in order to achieve it i need to either buy a terrarium or a greenhouse, now the problem is that i cant decide what i should choose.
the upsides of a greenhouse would be that the Plants recieve munch natural sunlight. and that i will have munch more space in order to keep them. now to the downsides of a greenhouse. i live in siwtzerland so that means in summer the temperatures rise to 30 degrees celsius. and in winter they drop to sometimes around -10 celsius. and then in summer i would have to cool the greenhouse down to around 24 degrees celsius and at nigth to 15 degrees. and in winter i would need to heat it to the same temperatures. now i think that would cost a lot if money for all this electricity. and thats what keeps me concerned about getting a greenhouse.
now to the upsides of a terrarium. its way easier to cool beacuse i would only need a small chiller. and i dont need to heat it in winter. but te downsides would be that i had to buy artificial ligth, and artificial ligth would heat up the terrarium even more so that the chiller would have to run even during the day. also a downside is that i havent found a way too keep it cool without having to chanche ice or frozen waterbottles every evening and morning.
i hope that sombody can help me with deciding which option is the best. or what the most efficient way is too cool a terrarium.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!